Entries now open for the 30th annual Melbourne Royal Australian International Beer Awards and Tickets on sale for the 2023 Trophy Presentation Dinner
Melbourne Royal has announced that entries are now open for the 2023 Australian International Beer Awards and tickets are on sale for the exclusive Trophy Presentation Dinner, which is known for being a sell-out event.
Celebrating 30 years in 2023, the Awards are the largest annual beer competition in the world judging both draught and packaged beer, as well as beer packaging design. In 2022, the Awards attracted over 2,600 entries from more than 350 breweries around the world. The Awards aim to inspire and celebrate excellence in brewing, beer packaging design, and Australian beer media and are open to breweries of all sizes, from micro-volume to large-scale commercial production. Melbourne Royal is recognised as providing brewers from around the globe with an essential benchmarking opportunity through these prestigious Awards.
In 2023, the Awards offer 11 major trophies, including the coveted Champion Australian Beer and Champion International Beer trophies, as well as 24 category trophies.
This year, with restrictions on international travel having eased, the Awards will see the return of an international judging contingent. Details of the panel will be announced closer to judging.
Melbourne Royal welcomes a number of other refinements to the program, including:
- Every US Brewers Association Beer Style to have a Class
- Updates to the 2022 US Brewers Association Edition Beer Style Guidelines
- Removal of Upper Limit +0.3% alcohol tolerance on stated ABV
- Clarification of Brewer’s Notes
- An enhanced entry portal with improved functionality to streamline the entry process
- Melbourne Royal have engaged a new logistics partner, Scan Global Logistics, to facilitate seamless cold freight direct to the Awards
To learn more about what’s new in 2023, click here.
Entries close Friday 17 March with the winners announced at the Trophy Presentation Dinner in the Victoria Pavilion at Melbourne Showgrounds on Thursday 25 May. The event will also be live-streamed. Tickets are on sale now via the Melbourne Royal website: