There are many reasons to enter the Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards, including:
- The Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards is Australia’s leading national wine awards, offering Exhibitors the opportunity to benchmark their wines against industry standards.
- In reporting results to Exhibitors, exhibit scores are represented on distribution graphs (where there is sufficient data to do so) enabling Exhibitors to see how their wines rank against those of their peers.
- Medal-winning Exhibitors will be provided with the Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards Marketing & Promotional Tool Kit to assist with promoting their win and marketing their wines with a seal of quality.
- Gold Medal-winning Exhibitors who have demonstrated consistency across three consecutive years (2018, 2019 and 2021, noting that the Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards did not run in 2020) with the same wine will be awarded a Consistency of Excellence Medal (see page 6 for details).
- Medal-winning Exhibits will be promoted through the Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards associated events.
Entries open Tuesday 20 July and close Friday 20 August.
There are three simple steps to enter the Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards:
- Read through the competition Entry Booklet and the categories you can enter product into; 2.
- Complete the online entry process and arrange payment for your entries, and 3.
- Upon receiving confirmation of your entries and product delivery instructions, submit your exhibits to Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards for judging.
Once your entries have been processed, you will be emailed an entry acknowledgement. You should check the details of this acknowledgement carefully as this information will inform your entry confirmation, classes and competition labels. Changes or corrections should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org without delay. Once payment has been received and your entries have been verified as correct and accepted for entry into the Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards you will receive by email an entry confirmation containing your labels in PDF format and instructions on how to submit your entries. Please contact the Event Manager if you do not receive this email.
Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards is now calling for Expressions of Interest to Steward the judging of the 2021 Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards at Melbourne Showgrounds, Ascot Vale, Monday 15 November through Friday 19 November.
Steward Expressions of Interest are being sought from passionate hospitality industry professionals and those currently working in wine-making and related industries who have experience in and a sound knowledge of cellar management, wine varieties and pouring.
Melbourne Royal® Wine Awards Stewards are responsible for ensuring a seamless and professional judging process, with a focus on pouring and delivering Exhibits to the judging panel.